Skip to main content

Site Navigation

Your Account

Choose Language

Filing a petition for dismissal is relatively easy, but it can be daunting. This manual trains you (1) how to obtain the necessary information; (2) how to fill out necessary forms; and (3) how to properly file them in court.

14 Questions View all

never charged only accused

I am looking to get my file dismissal or expunge I was never charged never datained, never questioned but is showing up on my record back in 2002 at my local police station what can I do to get this removed it is penal code pc 261 as well

Answer this question I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

1 Answer

Penal Code 851.8 petition to seal and destroy arrest records may apply in your case. But you will have to prove "factual innocence." It's a high bar for you to meet on your own, so I recommend that you contact your county's public defender's office for help.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

Add your answer

John Martinez will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 0

All Time: 106