Skip to main content

Site Navigation

Your Account

Choose Language

Filing a petition for dismissal is relatively easy, but it can be daunting. This manual trains you (1) how to obtain the necessary information; (2) how to fill out necessary forms; and (3) how to properly file them in court.

14 Questions View all

Expunging a Wet Reckless from 11 years ago


I received a wet reckless approximately 11 years ago. I have not been convicted of any crime since, vehicular or otherwise. I now live on the East Coast but would like to expunge this charge from record (mainly for the purposes of job applications, etc.). Since traveling to California to appear in court isn't a realistic option, what is the best way to get this charge cleared from my record?

Thank you.

Answer this question I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

1 Answer

There is no rhyme or reason to when a particular court will require mandatory appearance by the petitioner. Call the court clerk and ask whether your appearance is mandatory. Also, check to see if the court will accept CR-180. The California Court Rules require that courts accept the form, but you'd be surprised how many judges/clerks ignore the rules.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

Add your answer

Pedro will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 1

All Time: 207